11.4.12

Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks sits in the front of a bus in Montgomery, Alabama, 
after the Supreme Court ruled segregation illegal on the city bus system on December 21st, 1956.
Man sitting behind Parks is Nicholas C. Chriss, a reporter for United Press International out of Atlanta.
United Press Association photo - New York World-Telegram & the Sun Newspaper Photograph Collection.

“People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true. I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day. I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was forty-two. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in…. When I declined to give up my seat, it was not that day or bus in particular. I just wanted to be free, like everybody else.” – Rosa Parks.

Parks was arrested on December 1, 1955 for refusing to give up her seat in the front of a bus.

Naquela manhã, Rosa estava farta... fartinha... percebem o que quero dizer?



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário